Monday, September 15, 2008

9 month check-up

So, we had the not so fun, but very informative doctors appointment today. We first found out that Brady now weighs 19 pounds. He is in the 30th percentile, which I really don't understand. How can 70 out of a 100 babies his age be bigger than he is. There must be some pretty big babies out there. Anyways, everything check out fine.


The doctor walked in and Brady threw up his hand to say hi. He listened to his heart which he sat totally still for and looked in his ears. Again, he was totally still. I hope the doctor doesn't expect that next time, because Brady hasn't sat that still since the day he was born. We then talked some about development, which Dr. Moll was not too concerned about. When I asked him about Brady's foot turning out he told me he shouldn't even be walking yet and we should definately wait a few months before we start to worry about it. He said he is ahead for his age and we discussed the tantrums he has been having lately. I thought we wouldn't have to worry about that until the terrible twos, but already if little man doesn't get his way, he first yells at us with this awful scrunched up nose then he puts his forhead on the floor and cries this awful heart wrenching cry. Nothing to fear its normal, but we will have to deal with these for many years to come.


With the end of the visit came the shots, that I was hoping he wouldn't have to get this time. He ended up getting two. I couldn't get a picture because my hands were full with Brady on one arm and the bubble blower in the other the nurse prepared to give him his shots. Not before she shoved a DumDum lollipop in his mouth that he was holding. Two shots came and went with no crying. It was not until we got into the car and I had to take the lollipop away that I witness yet another one of those tantrums just discussed. Here is Brady in the car happy, before I took the almost gone, sticky, drooly lollipop from him.

No comments: